Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aurora is a beautiful name

So, all day, I guess I've just been sitting around the computer, as I was doing the day before, and the day before that. I might have gone outside for about five minutes. Anyway, the social network was getting a little lame an hour or so ago, so I decided to go creeping around the interwebs to see what I could find. I generally look up things like "Creepy Pastas" or "The longest lasting erection ever recorded" but this time I decided to see what people thought about Sleeping Beauty AKA Princess Aurora. She's my favorite princess, and I have loved her ever since I was little. Most people don't like her because she doesn't really have much character development, which is true, but really, with the story that she comes with, there isn't really much you can do. Besides, the movie was made in a different time than now, so the generic princess was much different than the independant ones now. Either way, I still think that Aurora was one of the first princesses to show interesting qualities. One, she's the most elegant and graceful of all of them, which is surprising because she didn't even know she was a princess for most of her life. Her loyalty to the fairies shows that she was a very respectful and obiedient girl, which isn't bad. At times she seemed very "Damsel in Distress," but she really isn't all that much. It shows that she always does what she is told and has very high standards to live up to, but when she is alone, she lets her dreams fill her world and lets herself be free for even just five minutes. She reminds me a lot of Juliet Capulet, actually. She's young and naive, but is not stupid at all and actually is very intelligent. When she meets Prince Phillip, she doesn't know that he is the prince that she is supposed to marry, just some peasant type of boy. It's obvious that she is attracted to him and that they find a connection, but chooses her resposibilites over her heart, which is not always right, but definitely shows maturity. This is where she differs from Juliet, who goes with what her heart says. Unfortunately for the both of them, both decisions led to tragedy, but at least Aurora got out alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment